From our amazing Library Media Specialist Ms. Miller Brown:
Monday, September 28, 2020
Whenever the weather allows us to conduct screens outdoors we will continue to do so. We have been fortunate to have weather that allowed us to have morning arrival occur with students lining up outside for their health screens.
This week looks like we will need to implement our inclement weather arrival procedure. Below is the procedure if the weather will not allow us to line up outside:
- All elementary school students will enter through the gym entrance. We will have socially distanced lines for each class where screenings will occur.
- All middle school students will line up under the eave starting at the side door. Screenings will occur inside the lobby area of the main entrance.
Friday, September 25, 2020
Monday, September 21, 2020
Good morning Waterford School Parents and Guardians,
Last week Superintendent Tucker sent out an important message about completing Free and Reduced Lunch forms. You can find his post on the importance here.
In short we want to make sure those who are eligible are able to receive free or affordable meals for their students. We also have an additional financial link to all applications coming in with our Title 1 funds. Last year we received over $82,000 in Title 1 funds! So, whether you think you will qualify or not completing the application helps the school.
If you haven't completed the application it can be downloaded here:
Friday, September 18, 2020
Monday, September 14, 2020
- I went to the Vermont Department of Health Website on Cross State Travel before we left on Saturday morning. The site is updated weekly each Tuesday afternoon.
- I looked for the county we were travelling to (Hampshire) to determine if it were a Green County or not. Once we determined that it was a Green County we knew we could travel there without having to quarantine upon our return.
- We made our visit and returned home with no other requirements.
- Check the Vermont Department of Health Website on Cross State Travel the day you plan on leaving.
- If you travel to counties that are Green and have less than 400 active cases per 1 million residents you will be able to travel out of state without quarantining upon return.
- Travel to yellow or red counties will require a 14 day quarantine without a COVID test or a 7 day quarantine with a negative COVID test.
Friday, September 11, 2020
Thursday, September 3, 2020
Hello Waterford School Families,
Attached please find the 2020 - 21 school year welcome letter along with important information on school routines. We look forward to getting started!
Wednesday, September 2, 2020
** This is the second update that includes Remote Device Pickup
On Thursday September 3rd and Friday September 4th students in grades Kindergarten - 8th Grade who will start the school year remotely can pick up their Chromebooks from school at the following times:
Thursday September 3
9:00 a.m - 10:30 a.m
12:00 p.m - 3:00 p.m
Friday September 4
9:00 a.m - 10:30 a.m
12:00 p.m - 2:00 p.m
In order to take the device home Acceptable Use paperwork will need to be completed. Please note all visitors to the school will be required to wear masks.
We look forward to seeing you!